Saturday, 26 March 2011, 10:30 a.m. til 4:30 p.m. – Hilton Hotel, Charlemont Place, Dublin 2
Below is the outline programme for the Greens Regather and Refocus Day which will take place on Saturday, 26 March 2011 at the Hilton Hotel, Charlemont Place, Dublin 2. Registration opens at 10:30 a.m.
New programme – New departure
The programme for this day is very different to the didactic and plenary style sessions we have been used to over the past few years. It will be a mixture of inputs from members along with café-style discussions in small groups. It has been developed with the advice of an expert facilitator, who will also oversee events on the day. This meeting is the initiative of a small group of members, with subsequent support from the NEC.
Limited availability: Due to space restraints in the venue availability is limited to 300 members. You are asked to book your place on http://regatheringandrefocus.eventbrite.com/soon as possible. If the event is oversubscribed we will adapt the format of the day to accommodate the extra numbers. If you cannot book online for any reason you may book by phone or email by calling Alison on 01 6790012 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
The intention of the meeting is to:
- Create a space in which the varied voices of members can be heard;
- Ensure that the day is non-hierarchical, inclusive and open to all opinions, ideas and recommendations.
- Start a realistic dialogue on what needs to happen now.
Strategic purpose : March 26th will be the first step in the development of a strategic vision and plan for the coming years. The steps envisaged towards this are:
- March 26th individual group sessions and member inputs will feed into wider conclusions from the day.
- Conclusions will be circulated for further discussion and recommendations at a local branch level.
- More targeted second refocus meeting based on steps 1 and 2 will take place in conjunction with the planned AGM in late May.
- Steps 1, 2, 3 will feed into the development of a realistic strategy.
Have your say: There will be ample time and space for all voices in the café-style discussions. In addition, woven through the thread of the day, will be 12 x 2 minute member inputs based on key issues or questions (see full programme for details). These will be selected by draw. If you would like to put your name forward for one of these slots please let Alison know on email@example.com by Monday, March 21st. You will be notified if you have been successful on Tuesday, March 22nd. All requests to speak will be acknowledged within 24 hours. If you do not receive an acknowledgement it means your request has not been received so please contact us again.
In Our Hands: When we meet on March 26th, we will be doing so as members of a political party with extremely limited resources, vastly pared back staff support, no Dáil representation and limited local representation. The future of the Green Party therefore, is very much in our hands. We look forward to hearing your ideas for our way forward.